Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Katie and the World Race

Please pray for my beautiful niece as she follows Jesus around the world. Katie has joined The World Race, a missions opportunity traveling through eleven countries in eleven months. Never heard of it? Watch this:




When asked why she wanted to go on the World Race, Katie replied,

I'm going around the world in 11 months, because...

I believe in love.

Call me a romantic, call me an idealist, call me naive...but it's the truth. I believe in the love of God and His Son Jesus Christ, because it is a love has changed my heart forever. I'm indelibly marked with the love that put Jesus on the cross. Like skin tattooed, my heart is stained with the love of Christ. I cannot get rid of it--nor do I want to--and nothing I will ever do can separate me from it. The love of Jesus washes over me when I seek His face, and I am drowned in the glory of it...but rather than earthly drowning, which is a nightmare, this drowning is a welcome overpowering of my life; this love is eclipsing my humanity and my sinfulness, creating a new Spirit where once the death of sin reigned, and calling me ever deeper into the presence of my Creator.

Oh yes, I believe in love. And because I've seen the power of the love of Jesus in my own life, I believe Jesus just wants me to show others that love.


Katie is still raising support for this trip. If you are interested in joining her support team, go here. Also, you can follow her adventures through her blog at: http://katierowland.theworldrace.org/.

1 comment:

Madeira girl said...

Oh! My heart is so stirred for her and for this trip! How the Lord is going to use all of them! Thank you for sharing, Juli!