Thursday, July 17, 2008

Heaven Bound...

"Christians often want to die when they have any trouble. Ask them why, and they tell you, "because we would be with the Lord." We fear it is not so much because they are longing to be with the Lord as because they desire to get rid of their troubles." -C.H. Spurgeon

No, I'm not depressed (or suicidal!). We are not going through any MAJOR trials right now, but I definitely can relate to this quote by my favorite dead guy.
I remember especially feeling this way after my Mother passed away. I came to the stark realization that Life is Hard. Losing people you love the most will do that to you. When I am faced with difficult situations: mortifying sin, dying to myself, watching loved ones struggle, seeing the results of this fallen world... I cannot help but look forward to heaven. Can anyone relate?
I'm challenged by this reminder to take a deeper look at my motives.
Lord, help us to love you more!

No comments: