Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cousins : )



One of the things I love about adoption is, of course, the extension of our family! My brother, and his wife and son came over last night to have dinner with us. You may recognize Nicholas from the adoption slideshow presentation I posted last week. Nicholas is adopted too. Isn't he cute?! : )
I often think about the difficulties associated with adoption, primarily the unfathomable loss it represents for the birthfamily. However, I also think about cousins Nicholas, Benjamin (my sister, Gail's son) and Charlie (John's brother's son). They would not be family apart from the loving sacrifices each one of their birthfamilies made. I may never comprehend it, but we are thankful, and totally in love with these precious children. November is National Adoption Month. Can I ask each of you to say a prayer today, for each of my children's birthfamilies, as well as Nicholas's, Benjamin's, and Charlie's? Thank you. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was national adoption month..Hmmm
Thanks for bringing that up Juli = ) I will certainly pray for all of your childrens birthfamilies and other relatives...