Thursday, October 25, 2007

All the Way from California


We had visitors for the past week. My dear friend, Lisa came to visit with her new baby, Chase, and his big brother Skye. Lisa comes about once a year, and we love it when she's here. Skye plays great with Julianna and Spencer, and everyone doted on the baby. Of course, I'm running on very little sleep as our only real "talking time" is late at night after the seven little ones settle down for the night.
Lisa and I met about thirteen years ago when her husband (only her fiance´at the time) came to CrossWay looking for a church. Even though they only attended CrossWay for a few months, we became fast friends and have kept in touch through the years... maintaining a long distant friendship while they lived in Texas and now in California.
I miss my friend, but I am so grateful for her dedication to our relationship and willingness to travel many, many hours with two small boys just to see me.
I love you Lis! Thank you for coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Lisa are so beautiful. And what a blessing that your friendship is still deep, even across the many miles.