Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sometimes It's Hard

On Family Day this week we went to the nearby Assisted Living Facility to hand out flowers. (No applause, please, that's not what this post's about.) Anyway, I was talking to the children about greeting the elderly people and how to behave, when I realized how difficult these things are even for me! I really have to push myself to speak to strangers. I don't know what I'm "afraid" of, if anything, but it just doesn't come "naturally" to me.
I thought about my dear friend Lisa, and her extraverted personality. I LOVE that about her! (Opposites attract, eh, Lis?)
Anyway, I know I am called to reach out, even when it's uncomfortable.
I just wondered, is this hard for anybody else????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah I confess. It's not to hard for me. I have to do it ALL the time at work. I meet at least 30 to 50 new people each night. And the assisted living thing is sooo fun. My grandmother used live at one. And I would take Gabby with me. She would push my grandma around in the wheelchair while I would make over all of the cute little elderly folks. We even would play bingo with them too. Ohhh I miss my grandma and those cute little elderly folk.

Lindsay said...

I'm with you Juli. I have such a hard time with it, even at church. I'm so grateful Jeremy is the complete opposite of me.

JJandFive said...

Of all the things we do, visiting the people at that retirement home is the most rewarding. I love it... but wow, It sure doesn't come "natural"! : )