Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dreams Do Come True


Ever since John and I have been married I have dreamed of having my sister as a neighbor. My sister, Gail, and her family have lived in Florida for the last four years. However, in the kindness of God, He has not only enabled her husband, Charlie,
to be transferred to Charlotte, but also to buy the house just two doors down from us!
Gail sent me the words to this "classic" Mr. Rogers' song last week. Our new theme song. Will you sing along with me?:

"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautiful world,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?"


Gail, Charlie, Emma, Abigail, James and Benjamin will be moving on Sept. 30th. Please pray for a smooth transition for them all!

4 comments:

3orange1blonde said...

I love you guys. You're the most beautiful women I know. (well besides me, but that's pretty much stating the obvious.) eh-hem.

I'm really grateful to God for his pure kindness and reprieve. For you to glean from one another, help and serve each other as you serve dad. I'm specifically thinking this next season of homeschooling and caring for your families. Praise God and I'll pray, pray for you..i really will.

Once again, I love that pic and I love the pink and I love what God is doing in both of you that makes you shine for HIM.

Lindsay said...

How awesome Juli!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! God is so kind and I am so undeserving to get to live near my so loved baby sister. It really is a dream come true. Thank you Lord! We are going to have FUN! And I look forwarding to meeting all of your friends too! just 5 weeks or so. I'll start counting down!

Denise said...

That is just so wonderful!!!! Not only will she be your neighbor, but she'll get to be that close to your dad too... What a wonderful, wonderful thing to happen. I only dream and pray one day I can live next door to my sisters, too.

What a blessing!!!!!