Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Friend Highlight

John and I have recently been discussing what a wonderful servant my friend, Lindsay Gibson, is. I've been wanting to honor Lindsay on here for the last several weeks.

Lindsay, I remember several years ago, Jen Patterson raved about what a wonderful woman of God you are. She specifically mentioned your love for the Word of God; how much you enjoy reading godly publications; and how easy it is to fellowship with you. I couldn't agree more. I believe the fruit of fellowship is a result of the time you spend/have spent soaking in Truth. I am grateful to be a recipient of that fellowship, and for the blessing it is to be your friend.
Your humility is another characteristic that is evident in your life. Your recent blog series, focusing on the sin of anger, was filled with humble examples. There have been numerous times you have shared your struggles with me and asked for counsel. You are quick to confess sin and specific when sharing your heart. You also pursue relationships with older women for accountability and wisdom, a perfect Titus 2 example. It should be no surprise for us to observe so much fruit in your life, as God rewards the humble with grace.
Opening your life up to others, has no doubt won you many friendships. I recently mentioned to John I don't know of anybody who has as many close relationships as you do. I know if I read all of the scrapbook entries from your birthday, I would be nodding my head in agreement with all of them. You are a grand friend to have indeed.
One of the greatest kindnesses you have displayed to your friends is in your gift of service. The night Mickey appealed to the church about caring for the pastors' families with young children, you immediately offered babysitting for our caregroups... willing to take them all, in addition to your own two children. So I took you to task by asking you to watch my girls while John and I had a night away with the Freases. Your resounding "yes" blessed me, not only because I knew the girls would be well-cared for, but also because they would be enjoyed. : ) (When I picked up my girls on Tuesday, you were caring for the Balts's daughter as well. It literally was a Girl Party!)
It really was no surprise as I saw you join hands with Laura Hutchinson to bless the Childress family with meals and updates in the middle of their crises. You have been a true friend to Lori. Just weeks later, the Balts's twins were prematurely born, and once again I saw your emails circulating: updates, meals, shower... Even more profound, you do these things in the midst of your own physical challenges. Battling migraines each week, juggling doctor appointments, trying new medications and dietary restrictions do not stop you from laying down your life for your friends.

Lastly, you are a lot of fun to be around! Whether it is late night scrapbooking; an overnight shopping spree with a group of us; or chatting about beads, blogs and babies, I love spending time with you.
Thank you so much for your example, Lindsay.
For those of you who want to see how cute our girls are together, here's a short slideshow:

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Juli, thank you friend. That is humbling! It was so fun having the girls:)I LOVE the slideshow! I tried to post pics on my blog but I couldn't get them to upload. Your girls are so adorable. We have to get together more! I treasure our time together too even though we don't get to hang out much. I am so grateful for you!
Thank you for loving me and letting me love your kiddos too:) Yes the boys too of course!

Wagener family fun said...

I would like to thank you, Juli for honoring Lindsay like this. Lindsay is such an awesome woman of God and a true friend to many of us. I remember her first caregroup ladies only meeting although she was new to the group she fit right in and you could feel the love of the Lord shine right through her. She has always been willing to help others in need and putting others above herself. Both of you ladies are true examples to me of a Proverbs 31 woman.