Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crazy Summer Daze

For the few of you who still visit this blog, I am grateful this
isn't the only place you go for regular updates about the Morrison family. Now that we all peruse Facebook, I've found it much easier to post video and pictures on there... leaving the blog to gather cyber dust. On occasion, the rusty wheels of my brain begin to turn around some story or event that I deem "blog worthy" and here I am again. Sorry for my absence, but I think it's inevitable this utility will be receiving less and less of my attention.
This summer has been particularly crazy around our household, especially July (notice not a single event was posted). Our church has designated July as our Sabbatical month of the year, temporarily postponing all meetings, except for Sunday mornings. The goal is to allow people to concentrate on their families as well as having time to reach out to others. We chose to spend the month opening our home to the small groups John oversees. Since we have the pool, our home is very conducive to large summer gatherings.
Altogether we had a total of six large cookouts in our home, at least one a week. The groups ranged from twenty people to nearly fifty. Here are a few pictures:




Between children flying through the air, and surprisingly older gentlemen cannon-balling into the pool that pretty much sums up our month.
It was fun!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

note to self... Juli is very sick of hamburgers!!
Seriously, that's so fun you guys did that for all those groups of people! You rock!!